pH UP raises pH to make aquarium water more alkaline
- Raises aquarium pH
Follow API Easy Care Guide and use pH UP when:
- Addressing Water Problem Solving issues
pH is the measure of acidic or alkaline conditions of water. A value of 7.0 corresponds to a neutral pH. pH values about 7.0 are considered alkaline, and pH values below 7.0 are considered acidic. Different fish need different pH levels to be healthy. Check the pH level using a pH Test Kit. pH UP is designed to raise the pH of aquarium water where testing has shown pH to be at an undesirable level. pH UP raises pH and makes aquarium water more alkaline. pH UP is fast-acting, colorless, easy to use and will not cloud or color the aquarium water. pH UP is phosphate free and nitrate free therefore will not encourage algae growth.
Determine the pH of aquarium water with an API pH Test Kit.
- To raise pH, add ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) for each 25 U.S. gallons of aquarium water.
- For larger aquariums, add 1 teaspoon (5 ml) for each 50 U.S. gallons of aquarium water.
- Take another pH reading before adding another dose of pH Up.
- Some fish may be sensitive to pH adjustments greater than 0.2 in a 24 hour period, so changes of this magnitude should be done with extreme care.
31A 1.25 oz
31C 4 oz
31B 16 oz